Thursday, February 18, 2010

Missional Living in a Pluralistic Society

Last night, I sat in our churches Ash Wednesday service and pondered the cross that our God placed Himself on to ransom me. It was a wonderful service led by my pastor, Gary Combs.
I was most thrilled by his challenge as he took us to Luke 5 and shared with us what the Holy Spirit has been speaking to his heart through the Holy Scriptures. Jesus told Peter to go back out into the deep water and let down his net. When Peter obeyed, he caught so many fish that he had to call for partners from the shore to come help him.
I see clearly a spiritual typology here. I have been mending the nets after a season of fishing. Now its time to set out into the deep for a great catch. We must enlist partners into this great endeavor.
Join me as we pray for a great harvest. At Wilson Community Church, that prayer is for 50 new members through salvation and baptism, 300 present for Easter Service, excellence in worship and 1 new work in Wilson. Also, join me as we set out to share our story of spiritual rescue through our personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Give your neighbors, associates, relatives and friends a chance to respond to the transformational work of the Holy Spirit in their lives. Tell them about Jesus!
In Christ,
Tony

3 comments:

  1. Tony:
    I always enjoy reading your blogs. You have a way of putting everything into perspective. Mark & I really miss you and Jewell and look forward to connecting in person real soon. We have a lot of catching up to do. Call us soon or send me a schedule and I will call you all. You can always call my cell. One of the best things that you ever told me was that God only puts on us what HE knows we can handle. We may not always agree with him, but HE is in charge not US. Looking forward to hearing from y'all soon!

    In Christ's Love
    Mark & Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tony:
    I always enjoy reading your blogs you have a way of putting everything into perspective. Mark & I miss you and Jewell very much. We need to get together face to face and catch up. One of the things I will always remember you saying to me was GOD will only put on us what HE knows we can handle. This is so true, He is in charge not US. We may not always understand, but HE does. Call us soon or send us your schedule and we will call you, our best days are going to be either on Saturday evenings or Sunday Evenings. Miss y'all and hope to hear from you soon.

    Love in Christ,
    Mark & Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Shawn!
    You and Mark are very dear to us as well. Looking forward to meeting with you all soon.
    χάρις,
    Tony

    ReplyDelete

PAGES