Saturday, January 21, 2012

Finding Your Way - You Have a Future!

Realize that you have a future!


Craig Groeschel says, "Every Saint has a past, Every Sinner has a future."

Some of you would say, "But Tony, I messed up! You don't understand, I _____ (fill in the blank)." And I would say, "So What!" You would argue that all those other Christians are so great.

Listen to me - Every Saint has a past that they wish they could hide or do over. Life is messy and you just get some of it on you no matter how hard you try.

BUT Every Sinner also has a future! God has a bright future planned for you!

The great theologian; Nicholas Sparks, says in his work The Notebook - “Just when you think it can't get any worse, it can. And just when you think it can't get any better, it can.”

When Adam and Eve messed up, God didn't forsake them. They changed the nature of the relationship, but God didn't forsake them. As a matter of fact, in the judgement God pronounced that he would defeat satan once and for all through Eve's decendents!

In Jeremiah 29:11 we here, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

In Psalm 118:1 we here, "Give Thanks to the Lord, for he is good, his love endures forever."

Expecting that God has used us up is completely contrary to Scripture.

The Bible tells us in Hebrews 13:5-6 "Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”[a] 6 So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?”[b]


Realize that you have a Future with God!

2 comments:

PAGES